Monday, August 31, 2009

When He takes you at your word...

I have sung many a sung that has given the Lord permission to use it all. You know what I am talking about, Lord take my life, Lord take my all, Lord take everything. There have been many of times when I really meant those words. I mean, I truly meant them. Then, there were other times, when they were just words on a screen that sounded good. While my heart was very far away from meaning those words. But I have found out something, if you don't mean it, you probably should not say it. Because when you tell the Lord that you have given him control of every part of you life, He will take you at your word. A few years ago, I lost my mom in a car accident. It was probably one of the hardest times in my life. I did not know what to do, or where to turned, I eventually turned back to the one that is the giver and the taker of life. The Lord truly healed my life and going through that time allowed me to see how good God truly is. When I sing those songs in church and let the Lord know that he is allowed to use every aspect of my life, I really never thought that he would require that I revisit the hardest time of my life. But there is a verse in Romans that kind of put things in perspective, all things work for the good of those who are in Christ. ALL things. I found out recently, that even my great loss was included in this all things. I have recently been allowed to walk with a young man that just lost his mother. Very quickly I have learned that when you tell the Lord something, He will take you at your word. I have been able to see that even though when my mom passed it was a really dark time, the Lord has been able to use even that situation for the good. I have learned something through all of this, that if you don't mean it, don't say it. But I have to admit, even though it is hard to say, I am really glad that the Lord took me at my word. Because only He could take such a horrible situation and use it for good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my thoughts and reading my blog.

Much love,
Nick and the people.