Monday, August 10, 2009

Jesus in a little red truck...

Today i was driving from a coffee shop in town to my office and i turned on a road that had a lot of construction and road work going on and my first thought was "oh great" how long is this going to take to get to my destination? I happened to get behind a little red truck. I did not think much of this truck until we started hitting some road construction spots that had flagmen(to all the ladies of the world, the reason in which I call them flagmen is because I did not see any women, just saying.) and I noticed that the driver of this truck proceeded to wave at the flagman. I was a bit taken back by this gesture. Because in my head i was beginning to get frustrated, but this guy in front of me was waving at all of the flagmen in which we passed. I watched intently as he waved at everyone that looked in his direction and who he passed. Then something very surprising began to happen, the flagmen and road workers began to wave back at him. I could not believe what i was seeing on this Monday morning commute. So i found myself do something that caught me off guard. I began waving to them as well, and they waved back at me. Crazy, and what also caught me by surprise was how my attitude began to change drastically. Now I saw this gentlemen on the side of the road as people and not just beings that are impending my progress to work. Then it hit me, isn't that what being the light is all about? Aren't we called to shine our lights in the darkest of situation and it doesn't get much more dark than a M0nday morning commute. So to whoever that gentleman was in that little red truck, thank you for stepping into my path this morning and allowing me a reminder of what my role is to play in this world. In my head, you were Jesus in a little red truck, because you stepped into a very bleak situation and shined. My prayer is that I may shine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my thoughts and reading my blog.

Much love,
Nick and the people.