Monday, August 17, 2009

Drop kick or grace?

So I am watching ESPN the other night, yes, a very manly thing to do, because I am known as a man's man. Okay, not really, but I do have some manly tendencies. Anyhow, I am watching ESPN, they are going through the previous nights' highlights. So there is a recap that catches my attention, it was recapping the game of a major league baseball game. The batter was up and the umpire signaled to the centerfielder that he was ejected from the game because he was stealing signs. Nevertheless, the centerfielder was not at all happy about the call, so he proceded to sprint from centerfield to home plate and he was going to let the umpire have it. What happened next made me a little upset, he was so angry that he let every explitive fly known to man and he tried to grab the umpire and cause him so bodily harm. The reason I was so upset is I know that there are kids watching this athlete and taking cues from him on what it means to be an athlete. I did not want this guy to be the example. I wanted to drop kick him! Then I had a very sobering moment. I asked myself this question, is that how God feels about me? Let me have a really honest moment, a lot of the time I do not represent the name of Christ very well. I am the represenative of Christ in this world, whoever calls themself a Christian is! I wonder if Christ ever wants to drop kick me. I know that sounds like a very awkward question, but think about it, if you died on a cross so that people could have the opportunity to live for you, and they took that sacrafice and lived however they wanted, it would bother you. I learned something from watching ESPN, I am not living for my own gain, but for the renown of Jesus Christ, that is a pretty big deal! I should live my life in such away that people know whom I am living for. See, the really splendid thing about living for the Lord is when I stumble and deserve a drop kick, he gives me grace and because of that grave I will get up and run this race with endurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my thoughts and reading my blog.

Much love,
Nick and the people.