Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Suffering from squirrel syndrome...

I don't know about you, but I am suffering from something called squirrel syndrome. Let me explain, have you ever seen a squirrel cross a street? It is quite a site. Squirrels start crossing so confidently, until a car comes or something startles them. Once that happpens it's as if they have forgotten what they are doing or where they are going. Back and forth they dart across traffic, and the sad part about this is some lose their life. Others just go back to where they started not daring to try and cross again, and then there are those that keep running to the other side. Those are the ones that are resillent. But my faith and my walk with Christ is a lot like that. I will be walking on my journey towards Christ and a car comes, which can take on many forms: sin, tragedy, dissappointment, you name it. It gets me off my course and I run back to things that are comfortable, forgetting about the journey I am on. I follow christ and then my own way and then Christ and so on and so forth. The sad thing is some people don't get pass this point, they live their life in the mediocre or their sin leads them down a path that requires their life for payment. Even though I do suffer from this squirrel syndrome, I wan to be one of the ones that makes to the other side, I wan to be a follower of Christ that finishes the race. Even though there are times I lose my way, I want to finish the race and finish well. Maybe at the end of this race I can say I overcame my squirrel syndrome.


Much love,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my thoughts and reading my blog.

Much love,
Nick and the people.