Monday, June 8, 2009

Once when i was little...

I don't know about you but it seems to me that life keeps going by faster and faster the older I get. I mean, when I was a kid, I felt as if time moved by so slow. But now that I am older, it is zooming right by. I remember when I was a kid my outlook on the world was a lot different than it is now. When I was little, I could do anything. There was no job to big, and there was nothing that I was not able to do. When I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer, an astronaut, and a model. I had the audacity to believe that I could do anything, and not only could I do anything, but I would do it the best that it has ever been done. I also, wanted to be superman, stopping the bad guys and saving the day. I wanted to be a vital part of the world, I wanted the world to know who I was and the good I did, when I was little, I had not limits. I remember, when I was little, I would dream. I would think of how things could be. That was when I was little, now I have grown up. You know what i realized, I don't dream anymore audacious dreams. Why? Why have I stopped dreaming. What has happened to me, why don't I believe that I can do anything? I think what happened to me has happened to me happens to a lot of adults, we become mature and realistic. Things get put in perspective for us and we realize that we do have limitations. We realize that we are human and that we can't do anything, but I think the problem with this line of thought is that we think about ourselves to much. What I mean is, we forget what kind of God we serve. We serve a big, audacious, amazing God that has no limitations. How many times have you felt led to do something kind of crazy, and thought, I can't. I am too little, I don't have enough time, or so on and so forth. But the thing of it is, we serve a God that is not small and that has infinite time and that desires to use his people for his glory. What if we trusted God to do what God does and did those audacious dreams. I think that the world would look different, because God's people would be people of faith in action. So the challenge is to have "faith like a child!" Jesus was on to something when He said that we need to have faith like a child. Because he knew that adults are compelled to safety and not faith. He knew that if we had faith like a child we could change the world. The challenge for our lives is no longer to live in why we can't but to dwell in what we can because of the God that we serve. So no longer shall we say, once when I was little, but say I can because of who God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my thoughts and reading my blog.

Much love,
Nick and the people.